Welcome to Week 1!
Welcome to Week 1 of the Earth Analytics Bootcamp course! This week, you will learn about open reproducible science and get familiar with a suite of open source tools that are used in open reproducible science workflows including
Jupyter Notebook. You will use
Shell to access directories,
Github.com to copy files to your computer, and
Jupyter Notebook to run
Python code and render
After completing the lessons for this week, you will be able to:
- Define open reproducible science and explain how the tools used in this course support and promote it
- Navigate, create, and delete directories in
- Create a copy of (i.e.
fork) other users’ files on
- Use the
Git clonecommand to download the copy of files to your computer
Pythoncode and render
The assignment for this week can be downloaded on Canvas. We will be adding it to a public repository in the near future for all to use!
Earth Data Science Textbook Readings
Please read the following chapters in the Earth Data Science online textbook:
- Chapters 1-3: Introduction to Open Reproducible Science in Python.
- Chapters 4: Text file formats in Python.
- Chapter 16: Introduction to Clean Code in Python.
Your homework this week can be found on Canvas as a zipfile.