Section Two - Plotting Spatial Data
In section two of this textbook, you will learn how to create and customize plots of spatial data (including vector and raster data) using Python.
After completing this section of the Scientist’s Guide to Plotting Data in Python online textbook, you will be able to:
- Create a map containing multiple vector datasets, colored by unique attributes in Python.
- Add a custom legend to a map of vector data in Python with unique colors.
- Visually “clip” or zoom in to a particular spatial extent in a plot.
- Create interactive map in Jupyter Notebook using the folium package for Python.
- Overlay two rasters in Python to create a plot.
- Overlay a raster on an interactive map created with folium.
- Customize a raster map in Python using matplotlib.